In 1119, La Borde de Reulée was a simple fortress located just a short distance from Beaune. From the 11th to the 13th centuries the estate belonged to the Dukes of Burgundy.
In 1645, the Barony was transformed into a Marquisate for Denis Brûlart, the first President of the Parliament of Dijon.
His son, Nicolas II Brûlart, built a magnificent château which was completed in 1678 and became known as the ‘Versailles of Burgundy’. It brought fame to the village, which was subsequently named La Borde au Château.
Its size, architectural style and original brick construction even made it the envy of King Louis XIV himself! Hervé Kerlann’s wines bear the château’s coat of arms which dates back to this glorious period in history.