Marqués de Terán Crianza Spain- 750 ml
Region: Rioja, Spain.
Tasting: Deep cherry red with garnet hues. Bright and clean.
Aroma: Complex nose with aromas of ripe red fruit and a light touch of oak that blends nicely with the varietal aromas.
Palate: Smooth, round and well-assembled in the palate, with a long, much appreciate aftertaste.
Pairing: Meats, rice, pasta tapas and vegetables.
Production: Sorting table for all harvest, destemming without crushing. Pre-fermentative cryomaceration at 41°F - 43°F for 3-4 days, then comes the alcoholic fermentation at 82°F for 18 days. Time in barrels: 14 months (Malolactic Fermentation in barrel) Barrel type: 70% French oak, 30% American oak.
Prizes and accolades:
- Gold Medal. Mundus Vini 2017
- Silver Medal. IWC 2017
- Silver Medal. Catavinum World Wine & Spirits 2017
- Silver Medal. Asia Wine Trophy 2017
- Silver Medal. The Drink Business Rioja Masters 2016
- Gold Medal. Selections Mondiales des Vins Canada 2016
- 89 points Guía Peñín 2017
- 93 points: Tim Atkin’s special Rioja report 2017