If we tell ourselves that we are eating a cauliflower steak, does our brain believes that we are having a delicious piece of meat? Bah, who cares? Cauliflower is also spectacular and even more with this recipe by chef Diego Rocas.
How much time do we need?
Between 30 and 45 minutes.
What do we need?
- 1 large cauliflower.
- 50 grams of chipotle peppers.
- 50 grams of dried tomatoes in oil.
- 200 grams of olive oil.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 30 grams of capers.
- 30 grams of smooth parsley.
- Salt to taste.
How do we do it?
- Cut the cauliflower into slices about one centimeter thick.
- Boil salted water in a frying pan and cook the cauliflower until smooth.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan, place it on a plate with blotting paper and let it cool in the fridge.
- Process the chiles, tomatoes, oil, garlic and a little salt in a blender until a homogeneous sauce is obtained.
- You can finish the cauliflower in the oven at 350F or on the grill, in both cases lightly dipping it with the chipotle sauce.
- To serve, place it on a plate, adding a little more sauce, capers and parsley leaves.
What do we drink with it?
Medium to bold red wines pair well with tomato-based sauces. Light-bodied reds can also pair well with chili sauces and salsas, barbecue sauces, various curries, and teriyaki sauce.