Effective Date: March 1, 2020
You are subject to our Terms & Conditions, which govern your access to and use of the Caná Wine Shop Sites (defined below).
How to Contact Us
Miami, FL 33127
Attn: Customer Care/Privacy
Our Privacy Commitment
We value the relationship we have with our customers and prospective customers, and are committed to protecting the confidentiality, accuracy and integrity of your Personal Information, meaning information about you that is not publicly available. We understand the importance of keeping your information secure.
Acceptance of and Changes to this Privacy Statement
As Caná continues to improve the services, products and the features we provide, this policy is subject to change. We reserve the right to amend this policy at any time by posting the amended policy on our site and updating the Effective Date at the top of this page.
By using the Total Wine site and services, you signify your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with any policy described in this Privacy Statement, your sole option is to discontinue use of the Sites. Your continued use of any portion of the Caná Wine Shop site following notification or posting of such changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes. If you have questions or concerns about our specific policies, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Caná Wine Shop Store and Site are intended for adults 21 years of age and older. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 21. If you have reason to believe that a person under the age of 21 has provided Personal Information to us, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information from our databases.
Information Collection and Use
- Providing you with products and services you are interested in at at the Stores and their Sites;
- Fulfilling orders places on our Sites through your selected Store;
- To determine your location so we know the closest Store to you is;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Where you have requested information from us or one of our partners, assisting in the response to your request for information;
- Responding to your inquiries about purchases, accounts and other services;
- Marketing our, and our affiliates and partner’s or third-party delivery providers’, goods and services to you;
- Processing transactions through service providers;
- Meeting legal, security, processing and regulatory requirements;
- Protecting against fraud, suspicious or other illegal activities; and
- Compiling statistics for analysis of our sites and our business.
We obtain your Personal Information from a number of possible sources:
- Directly from you. For example, during account registration from forms you complete, subscriptions you purchase or comments you provide on our Sites.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Sites.
- From third parties. For example, third party social networking providers and advertising companies, our affiliates and service providers who provide services or information to us. For example, we get updated addresses from the National Change of Address (NCOA) service to ensure we have the correct contact information for our customers.
- From publicly available sources. For example, online database searches.
Cookies & Clickstream Technology, Including Opting Out
As you navigate the Site, we may also collect information about you through the use of common information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons (collectively "Website Navigational Information"). Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and the actions you take on the Site (such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked).
There are different kinds of cookies with different functions:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again.
- First-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular website for the entity that owns that website. They are stored and sent between Total Wine’s servers and your computer’s operating system. They are not used for anything other than for personalization as set by you. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
- Third-party cookies: the function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular website for an entity that does not own that website. They are stored and sent between the Third-party’s server and your computer’s or device’s hard drive. These cookies are usually Persistent cookies.
We do use third-party cookies on our Sites, as well as third party provided web beacons (please see the section on Web Beacons below). These cookies are used by us and our marketing partners to better understand your preferences and to tailor and improve your experience on the site based on our impressions of your interests.
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as logging into your account and using a shopping cart, cannot be provided.
- Functional: These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal or customized features. For instance, the Site needs to remember your log in details, so that you do not have to repeatedly sign in to your account when using a particular device to access our Site. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the Internet.
- Performance & Analytics: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the Site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the Site in order to improve the way that our Site works. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a particular person, as all information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous.
For information on all of these categories of cookies, and for more information generally on cookies please refer to aboutcookies.org.
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES
There are various ways for you to manage cookies and other technologies.
Through your browser settings, you can disable cookies (and other tracking tools) or request to be prompted before accepting cookies from the Sites and other websites you visit. These cookies may also permit you to delete cookies you already have. Please consult your web browser’s ‘Help’ documentation or visit aboutcookies.org. for more information about how to turn cookies on and off for your browser. If you use different browsers and computers, you will need to adjust the appropriate cookie settings for each browser and computer. Certain parts of the Site may function differently and you may not be able to use some portions of our Site if you choose to disable cookies entirely.
There are several browser extensions that allow you to manage cookies and personalize your browsing experience. Since these extensions are made by third party providers, Caná Wine Shop does not control these features and cannot provide technical support for these products.
Targeted Advertising Cookies
You may opt out of receiving advertising cookies from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA’s) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page to opt out directly from providers who participate in those programs.
The Site may also use web beacons (including web beacons supplied or provided by third parties) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about users’ usage of the Site and interaction with e-mails from Caná Wine Shop. Web beacons are transparent electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you view a particular Site tied to the web beacon, and a description of a Site tied to the web beacon. We use web beacons to operate and improve the Sites and e-mail communications. We may use information from web beacons in combination with other data we have about our customers to provide you with information about Caná Wine Shop and our services. We will conduct this review on an anonymous basis.
When you visit our Sites, Caná Wine Shop collects your Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Information. For example, Caná Wine Shop uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate the Sites. IP addresses will be stored in such a way so that you cannot be identified from the IP address. In addition, Total Wine uses your IP address to get an approximate location so we can find a store closest to you. We do this for both your convenience, as well as for legal compliance reasons.
The major internet browsers have attempted to implement the draft "Do Not Track" ("DNT") standard of the World Wide Web Consortium ("W3C") in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, Total Wine’s Sites are not compatible with DNT.
Security of Your Personal Information
Whether you are shopping online or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. The Caná Wine Shop Sites use Transport Layer Security (TLS) or equivalent encryption technologies to protect your personal information during data transport, including your name, address and credit card number. However, no security controls are failproof, and Total Wine cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. We therefore urge you to always use caution when transmitting information over the Internet.
When you create an account on canawineshop.com you are required to establish a password between 7 and 16 characters with at least one letter and one number. Your password may not contain your first name, last name, or any spaces. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information. We strongly recommend that you do not share this information with others. You have the ability to purchase on our site without creating an account; however, you will need to reenter your personal information each time you use our site in order to make a purchase.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We use third-party service providers to enhance your consumer experience. This may include, for instance, providers who assist us with tech or customer support, operations, web or data hosting, billing, credit card processing, accounting, security, marketing, data management, validation, enhancement or hygiene, or otherwise help us to provide, develop, maintain and improve our services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Sites in order to help process delivery orders, provide personalized recommendations and advertisements about our goods and services on our Sites as well as when you visit other websites. Because service providers we use may be located in the United States, your Personal Information may be processed and stored inside the United States; and the U.S. government, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your Personal Information under U.S. laws.
SOCIAL MEDIA, REVIEWS, AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Any personally identifiable information you submit on a social media website, such as Facebook or Twitter, bulletin board, blog, chat room, comment about a product, or any other public forum on our Sites, can be read, collected or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We recommend that you do not provide your name, e-mail address or any other personal information in public forums on this Site. Please note that if you choose to do so, it is at your own risk and you accept full responsibility for those posts and any consequences that may arise from posting this information.
As we continue to develop our businesses, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information, including Personal Information, generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either Caná Wine Shop itself or substantially all of Caná Wine Shop assets were acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information to a third party purchaser in these circumstances.
OTHER LEGALLY REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
Caná Wine Shop preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if Total Wine has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Total Wine, employees, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Updating Your Personal Information
Caná Wine Shop wants your personal information to be accurate and complete. We provide several different methods for you to update your personal information.
E-mail & Account Registration
During registration on the Sites, we collect an e-mail address to communicate with you about your transaction. We use this e-mail address to contact you if there are any issues and to notify you about the status of your order. If you do not want this retained for future promotional e-mail inclusion, we provide you the ability to opt-out.
When you register as a member of the Sites or sign up to receive our e-mail offers, we collect information that helps us identify you. The more information you provide, the better we can customize our services and your experience to suit your needs and preferences.